- THE FIRM:
- Co-founder in 1979 and President of the Real Estate Consortium, Inc.; Vice President of Consortium Appraisal, Inc. and Manager of Consortium Capital, LLC.
180 S. Knowles Ave., Suite 3,
Winter Park, FL 32789
- CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE:
- State-Certified General Real Estate Appraiser
Florida License Number RZ253
Most Recent Appraiser Continuing Education Completed 9/10/2016
- Registered Real Estate Broker
Florida License Numbers BK 220459 and BK 3267160
Most Recent Broker Continuing Education Completed 8/5/2015
- ACADEMIC DEGREES:
- Bachelor of Science Degree with honors in Business Administration and Economics, Rollins College, Winter Park, Florida (1980)
- Masters of Business Administration Degree, Roy E. Crummer Graduate School of Business, Rollins College, Winter Park, Florida (1984)
- ACADEMIC TEACHING:
- Crummer Graduate School of Business, Rollins College. Adjunct Professor for the full-time MBA program. Current Class Schedule - Real Estate Analysis (Finance 608)
- Center for Entrepreneurship at Rollins College, Understanding Real Estate Development - Case Studies by the Masters, Domestic Consulting Project (MBA 611)
- PROFESSIONAL DESIGNATIONS:
- CRE Designation - Member of the Counselors of Real Estate
- FRICS Designation - Fellow of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
- REAL ESTATE RELATED PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS:
- National Association of Realtors
- Central Florida Commercial Real Estate Society
- Orlando Regional Realtor Association
- SUBJECT MATTER EXPERT:
- Florida Real Estate Appraisal Board (FREAB)/Department of Business and Professional Regulation Bureau of Education and Testing, Phsychometrics and Research Unit:
- Florida Residential Appraiser Licensure Examination
- Florida General Appraiser Licensure Examination
- Florida Residential Appraiser Instructor Licensure Examination
- Florida General Appraiser Instructor Licensure Examination
Test development services performed encompass the
- reviewing and refining of draft items and/or examinations for the Appraiser specialties;
- reviewing and editing of existing items within the pool of items contained within the Appraiser Item Bank;
- actual writing of new items, based on textbooks that meet minimum-entry competency, or based on laws and rules changes, or submitting general trade knowledge recommendations;
- defending examination items when candidates contesting the examination items file Challenges and/or Formal Hearing Petitions.
- ACADEMIC REAL ESTATE EDUCATION:
- Ph.D. Studies - Real Estate and Urban Analysis, College of Business Administration, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida
- Real Estate Valuation
- Land Use Analysis
- Real Estate Investment
Rollins College, Winter Park, Florida
- Real Estate Law
- Real Estate Principles and Practices
- Real Estate Finance
- Real Estate Investments
- Real Estate Appraising
- SUPPLIMENTAL APPRAISAL EDUCATION:
- Sponsor: The Appraisal Foundation
- Appraisal Standards Board Forum for USPAP Instructors on the 1998 USPAP (1997)
Sponsor: Society of Real Estate Appraisers
- Appraising Real Property 101 (1977)
- Principles of Income Property Appraising 201 (1978)
- Professional Practice
Sponsor: Appraisal Institute
- Single Family Residential Appraisals 8 (1977)
- Case Studies in Real Estate Valuations 2-1 (1989)
- Changing Standards of Neighborhood Analysis
- Component Depreciation for Real Estate Investments
Sponsor: Consortium Research and Development and the FHLBB
- Federal Home Loan Bank Board Regulation R-41b
Other: Various Continuing Education courses and seminars.
- APPRAISAL EXPERIENCE:
- Real Estate Appraiser and Counselor from 1976 to present overseeing billions of dollars in asset valuation. Currently Vice President of Consortium Appraisal, Inc.
Appraisals have been performed on most types of properties including vacant land, single family homes, subdivisions, condominiums, multifamily complexes, general office buildings, medical office buildings, warehouses, industrial complexes, distribution centers, retail stores, shopping centers, restaurants, service stations, agricultural lands, right-of-way projects, hotels, mobile home parks, planned unit developments, specific purpose properties and numerous other property types.
The appraisal functions include internal decision making, financing, estate matters, taxation, eminent domain, casualty loss and legal matters.
Expert testimony has been given in various judicial circuits throughout Florida and in federal courts. Testimony has been in matters of eminent domain, casualty losses, bankruptcy and torts where real property values were an issue.
Appraisal services are provided to a nationwide base of government, private and institutional clients. Related real estate services include feasibility and market analysis, real property taxation, demographic analysis, highest and best use analysis and litigation support.
- BROKERAGE EXPERIENCE:
- Licensed to sell real estate since the mid 1970's. Sales activity has related to single family homes, condominium units, multi-family apartment complexes, office buildings, educational facilities, subdivisions, retail commercial lots, shopping center sites, industrial land and investment acreage. Leasing activity has included site selection work for restaurants, retail commercial, office and multi-family tenants. A significant amount of sale and leasing activity has been related to unique situations ranging from site selection work for the GSA to the disposal of specialized real estate assets. Currently serving as the Senior Vice President, Managing Director - Acquisitions and Dispositions for the McKinley Portfolio.
- DEVELOPMENT EXPERIENCE:
- Real estate investment and development projects have included single-family homes, rental apartments, condominium projects and small to moderately sized office buildings. Development projects have ranged from one to seven stories in height and have been privately developed. Commercial property investment has ranged from small infill parcels to the site for a new Super Wal-Mart.
- MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE:
- Two types of property management have been undertaken. Management of owned assets and independent third party management. Property management services have been provided for rental apartments, office buildings and medical facilities. Third party management has included workouts for lending institutions and asset repositioning for investors.
- Authored - "Project Planning Aids Appraisers", The Appraisal Journal, April 1985
- Co-Authored - "Recovering Stigma Damages in Mold-Related Construction Defect Cases: Making the Property Owner Whole", The Florida Bar Journal, June 2005
- Contributing Source:
- The Wall Street Journal
- The Minneapolis Star and Tribune
- The Orlando Sentinel
- WMFE-TV Documentary
- Florida Forecast
- Florida Today
- Newsday, New York